Do you want the water to smell and taste like a mountain stream? You need the best refrigerator water filter to achieve these results. The fact is that water from the fridge can smell the same as the water from the faucet.
So how do refrigerator water filters help? Most of this filtration system removes chemicals and microorganisms from ice and chilled water. The most important thing is you need to get the right one since different brands and models are available. Therefore, how do you know you have the right one?
Fortunately, we are here to help you pick the right appliance for your Refrigerator to enjoy freshly chilled water without the sour taste. Yeah, in this article, we’ve compiled only top-rated water filters for your Refrigerator.
So, let’s get started now.
So here is my list of The Best Refrigerator Water Filters :
Table of Contents
Here’s the list of reviews for our selected picks under the best refrigerator water filters of 2023.
Sometimes, you may have noticed that the smell of the refrigerator can be the same as that of the water from the faucet. So if you want your refrigerator water to smell like the mountain streams, then it will be essential for you to get and install the best refrigerator water filter.
Refrigerator water filters are what most people choose whenever the need arises to remove chemicals and microorganisms from the ice as well as chilled water from the Refrigerator.
The most important thing you need to remember is that you will have to get the best and right kind of refrigerator water filter, as hundreds of brands are available in the market. That is why we will help you get the best refrigerator water filter to improve the water’s taste and smell.
We’ve compiled these reviews by following the strict filtering measures our experts have researched for you. Yeah, we aim to give precise and accurate assessments of top-rated refrigerator filters on the market.
1. Waterdrop EDR4RXD1 Compatible with EveryDrop Filter 4, Whirlpool UKF8001, 4396395, Maytag UKF8001AXX-200, UKF8001AXX-750, WD-F07, Refrigerator Water Filter, 3 Filters
The Waterdrop EDR4RXD1 Compatible with EveryDrop Filter 4, fits perfectly and does not leave any leakage. It will deliver the best filtration results, and you can have healthier and tastier water. You will get 100% Sri Lankan-selected high-quality coconut shell carbon block. It comes in a 2X larger surface area and can filter more efficiently.
Sometimes users worry about forgetting to change the filtration, which can go unnoticed for months. To ensure that nothing like that happens, the manufacturer offers monthly stickers so that users can remember the time duration to change the filter. Some refrigerator water filters are made with mixed materials, but we get the highest quality carbon block for better results.
To ensure the safety and security of your health, the manufacturer claims that this filter has been verified by NSF 372 certification. It simply means that it contains lead-free materials suitable for your health. It will fit perfectly in your refrigeration and deliver zero leakage experience. After the water has been filtered, there won’t be any chlorine, bad taste, or bad odor.
Features of Waterdrop EDR4RXD1:
- Great filter available at an affordable price.
- It has NSF 42 and NSF 372 certificates.
- Uses the best quality Sri Lankan superior coconut shell carbon block.
- Filters off various impurities and delivers healthier water.
- No leakage of any kind and superior performance.
2. GE XWFE Refrigerator Water Filter | Certified to Reduce Lead, Sulfur, and 50+ Other Impurities | Replace Every 6 Months for Best Results | Pack of 1
The GE XWFE Refrigerator Water Filter is compatible with many GE side-by-side and bottom freezer refrigerators. It is an XMF filter that has a filter life of 6 months. It delivers premium filtration results as it has been certified to reduce chlorine-resistant cysts. It will also reduce other harmful materials such as lead, dust, and 50 other impurities.
Lead is one of those harmful elements that is odorless, tasteless, and invisible. This GE XWFE Refrigerator Water Filter with you will eliminate harmful metals from water throughout the filtration process. This water filtration system will remove lead with their under-sink filtration system. Along with that, this system has also been designed to reduce PFOA and PFOS. It reduces 99% of Perfluorooctanoic Acid i.e. PFOA.
The manufacturer guarantees that it fits GE side-by-side and bottom freezer refrigerators without any issues. Moreover, when replacing it after its lifespan is over, you will not need any tools. Replacing the system is easy; you can do it without any tools. The replacement is required after either six months or 170 gallons of water filtration.
Features of GE XWFE Refrigerator Water Filter
- Premium Filtration System
- Efficient Performance
- Removes Lead
- Prevents Harmful Elements
- Filters Out Many 50+ Impurities
- PFOS/ PFOA Reduction
For the best inline water filter to replace your FC-100/FC100, SWF2CB, WF2CB, or NGFC-2000/NGFC200, pick the WF2CB model here. However, if you have a Kenmore with part numbers 9911, 9916, and 46-9911, these filters are ideal to use as well.
Further, it fits all front-cassette refrigerators and mounts easily. The system removes chlorine and other sediments such as cysts, lead, and more. However, it does not remove fluoride but does remove other pesticides. The long-lasting filtration system you can use for up to nine months before replacing it.
For ease of use, it has a slide-in-slide-out design and needs no tools for installation. Once you open the package, you may see some visible resin, and Frigidaire advises it is from the sonic well. The substance is NSF approved and not harmful to the appliance or you.
Features WF2CB PureSource By Frigidaire
- You can check your fridge model before buying.
- It comes with an action slide, and click install design
- Certified according to the NSF/ANSI 42 and 53 standards
- Reduces chlorine taste and other contaminants in the water
- Check out the list above, as it replaces many other Frigidaire models
When changing filters in the fridge, LG makes it easier for you with the LT700P model. Yeah, with a gallon capacity of 200 and only by replacement period of six months, this one succeeds in securing a spot among other best refrigerator water filters on this list. The filtration system distills water by removing chlorine, heavy metals, and more.
A note is to make sure you do not buy a fake one by clicking here. Furthermore, the filter replacement also depends on how much you use it.
Another benefit is the cartridge informs you when it is time to replace it, as you only need to reset the filter indicator on the fridge control panel. Once the display reaches zero, you know you need to replace it.
The fantastic thing is the water filter works with forty different LG refrigerators, and best to check the model number before buying. The LG is a high-quality filter certified by the NSF 42 and 53 standards.
Features of LT700P ICE PURE by LG
- Reduces chlorine and other contaminants in the water
- Easy to install and only needs replacing after six months
- It comes with a filter indicator as a reminder to replace
- Works with 40 different LG models
- NSF 42 and 53 certified
- It has a 200-gallon water capacity
Do you have a Samsung French Door or Side-by-Side fridge? Then you know it has a built-in water filtration system. The truth is that the canister needs replacing, as it does not last forever. Instead of buying a universal one, replace it with the original one.
With the compact unit, you can enjoy clean drinking water, and it protects the appliance components at the same time. The inline water filter has a carbon block structure to rid the water of different pollutants present. Further, it removes chlorine to make the water odorless and tastes excellent.
The filter needs replacing after six months, which you notice as the water flow rate reduces—a light indicator in the control panel signals that you change the cartridge when it turns red.
Features of DA29-00003G By Samsung Genuine
- It has a water flow rate of 0.5gpm and a capacity of 200 gallons
- The pressure is 20 psi – 125 psi
- It needs replacing every six months and informs you with a red light on the control panel.
- Works with side-by-side and French door refrigerators
- Comprise a carbon block to remove chlorine and other harmful particles in the water
- NSF 42 and 53 certified
- Works with both inside and outside water filtration systems
Do you own a Pure Source Ultra Refrigerator? Then you need a special refrigerator water filter such as the ULTRAWF. When choosing this model, you must make sure; it is the original one, as the market is full of imitations. The carbon-block construction removes most impurities from the water, leaving it healthy to drink.
If you have this fridge, you can count lucky using the filter, as not all purification systems can deal with VOCs. You must replace the cartridge every six months or after it has filtered 200 gallons of water. The flow rate is 0.5gpm, and depending on the use, it may need replacing after four months.
Installing the unit is straightforward, but some users said it was difficult. We recommend you read the instructions to make it simpler for you.
Features of FBA_ULTRAWF by Frigidaire
- It has a water flow rate of 0.5 gallons per minute and a capacity of 200 gallons.
- It needs replacing every six months
- Works only with the Pure Source Ultra model
- Comprise a carbon block and removes VOCs effectively
- NSF 42 and 53 certified
Do you need to replace your Whirlpool fridge water filter? Then using the original always works best. There is no better filter to use than the EveryDrop one. The unit is NSF certified to remove contaminants in water, such as lead, pesticides, chlorine, and more.
In total, it removes up to 23 harmful elements found in tap water. Furthermore, it works not only with Whirlpool brands but also with Jenn-Air, Maytag, and Amana models. Alternatively, it is the only replacement for your UKF8001 model and is discontinued.
You can use it in the bottom freezer or side-by-side models that work with a filter of four replacements. To keep it working as it should, it needs replacing every six months or filters up to 300 gallons of water.
Features of Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 By Whirlpool
- It works with most refrigerator brands; you can check your model out here to see if it will work.
- NSF certified to remove different contaminants
- Replaces filter four models
- It needs replacing every six months or purifying up to 300 gallons of water.
Do you want to enjoy drinking fresh water from your fridge dispenser? You will love the UKF8001 PUR replacement model. The top contender removes different impurities in tap water. Furthermore, it also eliminates bacteria, chlorine, and chemicals.
The system is unique because it provides your body’s minerals to stay healthy. The filtration systems are NSF-certified, and you know you are getting a safe-to-use filter to clean your drinking water. Even the installation process is simple and toolless.
The cartridge needs to be replaced every six months.
Features of UKF8001 PUR by Maytag
- Easy to install and works without using tools
- Replaces most Maytag and other models available on the market
- Leaves potential minerals in the water
- Removes most contaminants and needs replacing after six months
- NSF 42 certified
Do you own a GE RPWF or RPWFE filter and need to replace it? Look at the one here designed to work with General Electric refrigerators. You can check your model to ensure it will work even before buying. The filter system removes five traces of pharmaceuticals and chlorine.
Further, it gets rid of mercury and lead at the same time. Compared to other filters, the unit is easy to install without extra tools. The recommended replacement is up to six months or filtered to 300 gallons of water. On the other hand, if you have a large family, it may need replacement sooner to work effectively.
Another problem you may face is it only works with a selected few GE models as it has a sleek design.
Features of GE RPWFE by General Electric
- Works with most RPWF and RPWFE filter refrigerators
- It may fit a few selected French Door models
- The operating water pressure is 120 min max
- Removes more than 15 different contaminants and pharmaceuticals
- Easy to replace after six months or when filtering up to 300 gallons of water
- NFC certified to reduce volatile organic compounds
Do you own a fridge with a water dispenser? Then you know how important it is to keep your family safe. To achieve this, you need the Mist water filter to protect you and your family. The product is affordable and offers fantastic performance to remove different impurities.
You can enjoy drinking chlorine-free water without the aftertaste or smell. With the coconut shell filter, you get an Eco-friendly product that removes more contaminants than most other products available on the market. Further, the unit carries approval from different organizations regarding your safety.
Features of LT800P By Mist
- Carbon filter replacement made with coconut shell
- Lasts up to six months or 300 gallons of water filtered
- NSF/ANSI 42 Certified
- Works with different brands of fridges, and best to check the list out before buying
Also, Check Our Other Articles
- Best-rated Reverse Osmosis Systems of 2021
- Reviews of Best Under sink water filters on the market
- Top Rated Whole house water filter systems for the filtration of water
- Best Water Softener Reviews – For People Living in Hard Water Area
- Fleck Iron Pro 2 Water Softener Review
Here we have the EPINL30 inline refrigerator filter you can use for up to five years before replacing it. With the universal design, it connects to most major brands of fridges and icemakers. The product is easy to install and keeps appliances free from chlorine, taste, odor, and sediment.
Features EPINL30 by EcoPure
- The refrigerator filter lasts up to five years before it needs to be replaced.
- Works with the most popular brands such as GE, Samsung, LG, and more
- It comes with both the ¼ -inch compression and push-to-connect fittings to use with copper and plastic water lines
- It helps eliminate chlorine and sediment in the water
Now for something completely different in water filters for the fridge. Does your Refrigerator not have a water filter system? Would you like to add one? Look at this excellent product from PureWater. With the economical option, it works with most water dispensers and icemakers.
The unit is easy to install with the included hardware and fittings. You can place it in different locations, such as under your sink, cabinet, or behind the fridge. The product works well with a water fountain, icemaker, or counter system. The product is NSF and ANSI certified with a standard 42.
You get the filter, quick connect fittings, ¼-inch shutoff valve, two water line adapters, mounting bracket, screw, graphics, and installation guide.
On the other hand, it comes with a lifetime warranty and free telephone support. The service life of the filter is 1,500 gallons, or you can replace it once a year.
Features of Purewater Filter Kit
- It offers you a versatile system with icemakers, refrigerators, and more.
- Removes chlorine for better-tasting water
- NSF/ANSI certified
- All hardware is included to mount the water filter
- Designed as a direct inline filter with a service of 1,500 gallons of water
- Lifetime Warranty
With the MWF, you get advanced filtration to filter out up to five trace pharmaceuticals. These contaminants include atenolol, ibuprofen, fluoxetine, progesterone, and trimethoprim.
The unit works with a carbon block to reduce pollutants and is certified to reduce lead, asbestos, cysts, and more. You can enjoy fresh ice and water that tastes great.
Suppose you have a side-by-side or bottom freezer from a famous brand. The filters are made for you. Further, you can also use it with the Hotpoint brands. There are no compatibility issues as it is GE guaranteed to fit. General Electric recommends you change the cartridge every six months for the best performance.
Alternatively, you can replace it after filtering 300 gallons of water. However, be careful when shopping for a GE refrigerator water filter, as there are different fake ones available on the market.
Moreover, if you buy the fake version, it only removes the chlorine and no other harmful elements. So yeah, check out for certification and authenticity of this machine if you’re buying it from your local store.
Features of MWF By General Electric
- Make sure you get the original by clicking here and adding the fridge’s model number for a perfect fit.
- Compatible with bottom freezers and side-by-side models in the GE range
- Certified to remove up to fifteen different contaminants
- Made with a twist and lock design with tool-free use
- The max filtered water flow is 0.5gpm
- It needs replacing every six months
- You can use it to replace the GWF, GWFA, GWF01, GWF06, and MWFA
- NSF/ANSI 42 & 53 certified
Here we have another excellent water filter from Samsung for your fridge. The screen protects components and provides you with clean water. Compared to the GE model, it uses the same carbon block to reduce tap water’s harmful elements. The filtrations are available in a two-pack, and you can place them inside or outside the appliance.
Both the filters included work fine with side-by-side and French door fridges with a water and ice dispenser. A note of warning there are fake versions available, so best to make sure you get the genuine Samsung one. The NSF has tested the water filter here, and it is certified safe to use for drinking water.
To replace the filter, you can look at the digital panel on your appliance, as there is a filter light present that turns red. Alternatively, you can place a reminder sticker and found in the box.
Features of DA29-00020B By Samsung
- You can check your model online before purchasing the device
- Available in a pack of two to use inside and outside the Refrigerator
- It comes with three-speed electronic control and indicator light to replace the cartridge
- Works with a carbon block to remove different contaminants in the water
- NSF 42 certified and compatible with side-by-side and French door models with a water and ice dispenser
15. PURNEAT Refrigerator Water Filter
Here we have another unique water filter for your Refrigerator with a push-button design. You can use it on all French door and Side-by-Side models. The system provides up to six months of clean water for you to drink. The cartridge eliminates pharmaceutical elements and carries a WQA Golden Seal with ISO9001 certification.
Further, it retains beneficial minerals for your body and only needs replacing after six months. Alternatively, swap it out with a new one when filtering 300 gallons of water. The flow rate is 0.5 GPM, with a pressure of 30 to 125 PSI.
You receive everything in the box, available in packs of two to six with replacing reminder labels.
Features of PURNEAT
- It offers you superior filtration with activated carbon to remove chlorine
- Carries a quality certification from WQA and ISO
- Simple installation and needs no special tools to use in side-by-side fridges
- Made with a twist in and out design
- The filter needs replacing after six months of use
- The flow rate is 0.5GPM
- The pressure is up to 125 PSI
16. Neptune Water Filters
The Neptune refrigerator water filter stands out from the rest as a premium solution to replace your current filter. You can use it to replace different brands, and a list of models is available for you to see before buying. Further, the products tested and certified with standard 42 by NSF/ANSI.
Alternatively, the water filters are manufactured per the ISO9001/14001 standards. The filtration systems are made from pure coconut shell carbon, leaving you with purified water. On the other hand, it removes chlorine, chemicals, and other contaminants from the water.
Also, as it works for well water, you can count on it as one of the best refrigerator filters for well water too.
Further, it leaves all vital minerals intact and prevents the buildup of plastic water bottles in landfills. The instructions are easy to follow, and you need no tools to install the device. Depending on your family size, you must change the filter between three and six months.
Features of Neptune Water Filter Replacement Kit
- NSF/ANSI 42 certified and manufactured according to the ISO standards
- Made with active coconut carbon to remove different contaminants present in the water
- Needs replacing after six months of use or 300 gallons of water filtered
- It works with most brands, and best to check the model list to see if you can use it as a replacement
17. GLACIER Fresh LT1000P Water Filter
The GLACIER Fresh refrigerator water filter carries an NSF42 and NSF372 certification. The filtration system is compatible with different LG fridges and only needs changing after six months. On the other hand, you can replace it after filtering 300 gallons of water.
The product is made of high-grade coconut shell carbon filters to trap contaminants in the water. The push-button located on the housing makes installing the unit simpler. Inside the casing, you get a multi-stage filtration system.
Features of Glacier Fresh LT1000P
- Offers you an efficient filtration system to use with your LG refrigerator
- Compatible with different models in the LG range and Kenmore
- The filter needs replacing every six months or when it filters 300 gallons of water
- NSF42 and NSF372 certified
- Made with coconut shell carbon filter to remove chlorine and other contaminants
How to Choose the Best Refrigerator Water Filter?
Choosing a refrigerator water filter is a challenge, especially when you face many products, all with the same purpose. We are here to help! The next section provides insight into making the right choice when selecting one. Let us look at the critical factors you can consider:
This is the most crucial factor, as not all water filters are the same. Manufacturers build the parts with accessories made for specific models and compatible with the Refrigerator you use. Here we recommend you choose the correct filter even if it does have a universal design.
Make sure to pick a model that fits your appliance, and you do this by checking your refrigerator model number. You will find a compatible one to work with the unit by comparing it to the information provided.
Do not just pick a model even if it works with your brand, as there could be complications such as leaking. Therefore, this is the first and most critical step.
Pick a Certified Water Filter
Do not buy a generic filter brand because it claims to clean the water in the Refrigerator. Pick one that has passed several certifications for durability, quality, performance, and safety. The necessary guarantee you can look at is one certified by NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) International.
The NSF works with ANSI (American National Standards Institute) to set two standards (42 and 53) for filters. The first deals with the water’s visual properties (smell and taste.) The second one deals with harmful contaminants found in water. Any filtration system with a standard 53 ensures the liquid is odorless, contaminant-free, and tasteless.
The Filtering Capabilities
Most refrigerator water filters can filter water based on the particle size measured in microns. The lower the rating, the more the filter blocks minute contaminants.
The average score is 20 microns. Yeah, the majority of best refrigerator filters have this score. However, only a few models have different filtration stages, and best to pay attention to the micron rating.
Check the capacity, as it is essential in determining if the model can deliver the performance you need. Most water filters have a 200 to 300-gallon capacity and last up to six months.
Ease of Use
When installing the device, it needs to be uncomplicated as most brands offer you toolless installation. However, if it does require more steps to fix, you can always depend on a refrigerator expert to take care of it.
The Type of Water Filter
Here you can look at where the filter fits inside your fridge and comprise the size. The typical locations are the grille, slide-out, canister, and drop-down water filters.
Other Questions Related to Refrigerator Water Filters:
One question that comes up often is whether the water filter removes fluoride. Fluoride does have health benefits, but tests have proven it is also harmful to your health. To answer the question, it is no.
You can only remove the substance with a reverse-osmosis water filtration system connected to the home’s faucet. Here you can look at some of the best refrigerator filters for hard water to help remove different contaminants found in municipal water. If you do find one, they are few.
The next question is how to clean the water dispenser. Here are some easy steps you can follow:
- Start by turning the water valve to stop the water supply by turning the valve clockwise.
- Loosen the screw affixed to the copper tubing to disconnect the water pump from the tank. Once loose, slide the water tube off.
- Take a funnel and pour up to three cups of vinegar through the removed tube. The substance flows through to the first compartment. It should take about five minutes, and fasten it to the back with Teflon tape.
- Remove the container holding the ice cubes if you have one and adjust it to the on position. By doing this, the vinegar flows through the system to clean it.
- Now press the button that activates the water-pouring mechanism by holding it continuously. Keep doing this until the solutions are evacuated.
- Take a bottlebrush, dip the end into the vinegar, clean the copper tubing’s open back, and spout. Take an old toothbrush, dip it in the substance, and brush the drainage plate.
- Now you can reassemble the device and slip back the end of the copper pipe into its rightful place. Switch the valve on and keep the ice maker in the on position. Run the water through the system for a couple of minutes to remove the vinegar.
How Can You Figure Out Which Kinda Water Filter Is Suitable For Your Refrigerator?
There are many filters in the market which are very expensive and not that effective. You must be wondering which filter you should buy for your refrigerator. Don’t worry; here we have an answer to your question about which kind of filter you can use. Water is vital for us. So remove unwanted bacteria and toxins from water. Hence choose the water filter for a refrigerator that can give you pure water and remove all the harmful bacteria. Pure water is essential for our bodies.
Which Refrigerator Water Filter Works For You
As you can see, many options are available when choosing the best refrigerator water filter. We have selected some of the top contenders to make your selection simpler. So if you want to enjoy a freshwater out-of-water dispenser in the fridge, pick one from the list.
You can enjoy drinking water without contaminants while still keeping essential minerals intact. We hope that the reviews help you to find a perfect one. The important thing is to check the model before buying just anyone.
Further, most of them are NSF and ANSI certified to be safe to use and made with durable, eco-friendly material. You only have to ensure that you choose a refrigerator water filter that you think will be best suitable for you. You should worry nothing about if you select the refrigerator water filter from our list because every product we mentioned on our list is the best reliable and relevant for all users.
We hope that all of you will find this article helpful in getting the essential information about the best refrigerator water filter. Indeed, you will decide well about purchasing the best refrigerator water filter. This article will provide all the essential information to help determine what product will be best for you.